Pylam Products has been offering DuPont Fiber ID Stain #4 since the 1970s. For nearly forty years we have been supplying one of the greatest fiber identification systems to the pharmaceutical, textile, and manufacturing industries. Whether you need to comply with USP guidelines, internal quality control metrics, or are trying to determine the fibers that are in your product, DuPont Fiber Identification Stain #4 will help.
By using DuPont Fiber Identification Stain #4 you will be able to determine fibers such as: visually
Spun viscose (Rayon)
If you are unsure of how to use DuPont Fiber ID Stain #4, simply use these easy-to-follow instructions:
- Wet the fabric with hot water
- Make a dye bath that is 1% DuPont Fiber Identification Stain #4 and 99% water (NOTE: this equates to approximately 1 gram of dye per 100 ml of water)
- a. The dye bath should have enough of this solution so that it’s 20 parts solution and 1 part fabric that will be tested.
- Place the fabric into the boiling water solution that is 1% DuPont Fiber Identification Stain #4
- Boil the fabric for 1 minute
- Remove, rinse and dry
- Evaluate the fabric against the color chart to determine if the fiber is correct
- If there are any difficulties in classifying “Dacron” polyester fibers from “Orlon” acrylic fibers, return the fabric to the bath and add 5% sulfuric acid and continue to boil for five minutes.
- a. The “Dacron” will generate a golden shade and the “Orlon” will generate a dull orange shade.
Download Instructions for DuPont Fiber Identification Stain #4
DuPont fiber Identification #4 is just one type of fiber identification products we offer. Pylam also offers several types of indicators, for both dyes and pH identification purposes. Contact us today to find the right solution for your product.