Use the Pylam Color Selector Tool to help choose the right color for your product. Or, if you already have a HEX color code and you want to see how the color appears on screen, you can type it into the HEX color code field, and the color will appear in the tool above.
Directions to use the Color Selector Tool:
- Select the general color for your dye or pigment in the table on the right side of the tool
- The chosen color will be displayed in the top half of the box, under “new”
- Note: At any point during the color selection process, click “OK” and the chosen color will appear in the bottom half of the box, above “current”—this allows you to further customize a color, while keeping a previously selected color to use as a point of reference or comparison
- Note: At any point during the color selection process, if you would like to revert color will appear in the bottom half of the box, above “current”—this allows you to further customize a color, while keeping a previously selected color to use as a point of reference or comparison to a previously chosen color (i.e. the one displayed above “current” after having clicked “OK”), simply click the “Cancel” button
- To alter or change the hue of the color, use the middle column—drag the line upward or downward, depending on the color you’re trying to achieve
- In the box (field on the right), click and drag the marker to further customize the color
- Note: By default, the “Hue” Color Mode is selected
- With this selected by default, Moving the marker in the field on the right will cause the numbers and percentages in the “Saturation” Color Mode, “Value” Color Mode, “Red” Color Mode, “Green” Color Mode, and “Blue” Color Mode, to change—all of these percentages and values can be manually changed by clicking or selecting the circle next to each field, and typing the desired percentage or value
- If you need a value or percentage in any of the fields to remain constant while moving the marker in the field on the right, select that field by clicking the corresponding circle before moving the marker—remember to re-select the "Hue" Color Mode to get the tool back to its default behavior
- When you have created the desired color, make note of the HEX color code at the bottom of the tool—this HEX color code is a digital value that corresponds to the selected color
After you have selected a color of your liking, please fill out the sample request form. The HEX color code is the 4th item in the form. Pylam is determined to find the right color for your product. Please feel free to contact us with any other types of questions you may have about our dyes or pigments, our services, and what we do to ensure that you receive the highest quality colorant of the perfect shade.